Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu July 12, 2012
Hepatitis C Outbreak Continues to Grow
The Division of Public Health Services is asking all patients who received services between October, 2010 and May, 2012 to get tested for the liver-destroying virus.
Dr. Jose Montero is the state’s Director of Public Health.
"This is one of those things we can only wish never happened. You should never get sick while getting care."
Montero, along with the Attorney General and law enforcement are continuing to investigate the cause of the outbreak.
Officials suspect misuse of drugs by the hospital employee.