Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Thu July 12, 2012
Hepatitis C Outbreak Continues to Grow
The Division of Public Health Services is asking all patients who received services between October, 2010 and May, 2012 to get tested for the liver-destroying virus.
Dr. Jose Montero is the state’s Director of Public Health.
"This is one of those things we can only wish never happened. You should never get sick while getting care."
Montero, along with the Attorney General and law enforcement are continuing to investigate the cause of the outbreak.
Officials suspect misuse of drugs by the hospital employee.