Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- ACA Open Enrollment Is Here...5 Tips For Shopping Your New Options
- Keene Residents Discuss Riots, Weigh Future Of Pumpkin Festival
- NPR's Clock Changes: Morning Edition's New Sound Means More New Hampshire News
Best of Public Radio
Sat November 12, 2011
The Hidden World of Girls
NPR is pleased to announce "The Hidden World of Girls," two new hour-long specials hosted by Emmy Award-winning writer and actress Tina Fey. Stories of coming of age, rituals and rites of passage, secret identities—of women who crossed a line, broke a trail, changed the tide. Host Tina Fey takes listeners around the world into the secret life of girls -- from the dunes of the Sahara to a slumber party in Manhattan, from the dancehalls of Jamaica to a racetrack in Ramallah -- and reveals some of her own hidden worlds. These two new specials are produced by the Peabody Award-winning Kitchen Sisters, in collaboration with NPR and independent producers from around the world. Inspired by "The Hidden World of Girls" series heard on Morning Edition and All Things Considered, these specials feature the best stories from that series as well as new, never before heard features, interviews and music.
More information for this program, The Hidden World of Girls, here.