Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Mon July 29, 2013
Hiker Found Dead On Appalachian Trail
A 54-year-old North Carolina man was found dead on the Appalachian Trail near Warren Monday morning.
Lt. James Kneeland of New Hampshire Fish and Game says two hikers found the man’s body.
“Early this morning we received a report of a hiker that was not responsive in his tent up here on the Appalachian Trail in Glencliff.”
Kneeland said the hikers were apparently worried when they didn’t see any activity and looked inside the tent.
Officials from the state police, U.S. Forest Service and Fish and Game responded.
There was no evidence of foul play although the cause of death has not been determined.
The body was found in the Jeffers Brook Shelter several hundred feet off the Appalachian Trail, which remained open.
The man was identified as Robert Accola, 54, from Raleigh, North Carolina.