Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
All Things Considered
Fri April 20, 2012
Hood Museum Home to an Unconventional "Box"
The newest acquisition at the Hood Museum of Art at Dartmouth is from the unconventional French artist Marcel Duchamp. It’s a Box in a Valise, part of a series of works where Duchamp reproduced past creations in miniature form and packed them into a box as a sort of portable museum.
Michael Taylor is Director of the Hood Museum, and he’s a Duchamp scholar. He joins All Things Considered host Brady Carlson with more on this work, which is on exhibit through August 26th.