Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
All Things Considered
Fri April 20, 2012
Hood Museum Home to an Unconventional "Box"
The newest acquisition at the Hood Museum of Art at Dartmouth is from the unconventional French artist Marcel Duchamp. It’s a Box in a Valise, part of a series of works where Duchamp reproduced past creations in miniature form and packed them into a box as a sort of portable museum.
Michael Taylor is Director of the Hood Museum, and he’s a Duchamp scholar. He joins All Things Considered host Brady Carlson with more on this work, which is on exhibit through August 26th.