Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon February 27, 2012
Hopes For Saving Isaacson Steel Jobs in Berlin Fading
Hopes that someone would buy bankrupt Isaacson Steel in Berlin and continue the business are fading. NHPR’s Chris Jensen reports.
Throughout Isaacson’s bankruptcy the hope has been that someone would buy the steel-fabricating firm, operate it and save about 130 jobs.
That seems less likely now.
A filing in federal district court Monday shows a Texas firm that specializes in selling off industrial equipment has a tentative deal to buy Isaacson’s assets.
The company is Investment Recovery Services of Fort Worth.
Wednesday an auction of Isaacson is scheduled.
Unless another bidder appears it seems Isaacson’s assets will go to Investment Recovery Services.
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen