Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
Thu March 15, 2012
How North Country Reps Voted on Right-To-Work Bill
As NHPR reported the House on Wednesday passed a so-called right-to-work bill. Barring unions from requiring non-members to pay for representation has been a priority for House Republican leaders.
The bill passed 198 to 139.
It now goes to the Senate.
Four North Country reps voted in favor and eight against.
Here are the North Country reps who voted in favor:
* Duffy Daugherty (Republican) of Colebrook.
* Edmond Gionet (Republican) of Lincoln.
* Larry Rappaport (Republican) of Colebrook.
* Gregory Sorg (Republican) of Easton.
Here are the North Country reps who voted against it:
* Gary Coulombe (Democrat) of Berlin
* William Hatch (Democrat) of Gorham
* William Remick (Republican) of Lancaster
* Evalyn Merrick (Democrat) of Lancaster
* Herb Richardson (Republican) of Lancaster
* Robert Theberge (Democrat) of Berlin
* Yvonne Thomas (Democrat) of Berlin
* John Tholl (Republican) of Whitefield
Here are the North Country reps excused:
* Lyle Bulis (Republican) of Littleton
* Stephanie Eaton (Republican) of Littleton
* Kathleen Taylor (Democrat) of Franconia
* Marc Tremblay (Republican) of Berlin
To see how legislators voted on other bills go here.