Most Active Stories
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- O'Brien Nominated Once Again For N.H. House Speaker
Fri November 22, 2013
How Recessions Make Women Breadwinners
It's a trend that has been ongoing for years, but was accelerated by the recession: women as breadwinners. Kristin Smith is family demographer at the Carsey Institute and a research assistant professor at the University of New Hampshire. She has researched and written extensively about how women's incomes have become the primary source in more households.