Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
Fri November 22, 2013
How Recessions Make Women Breadwinners
It's a trend that has been ongoing for years, but was accelerated by the recession: women as breadwinners. Kristin Smith is family demographer at the Carsey Institute and a research assistant professor at the University of New Hampshire. She has researched and written extensively about how women's incomes have become the primary source in more households.