Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri September 7, 2012
Hummer Driver Diverts Potentially Fatal Crash
Originally published on Fri September 7, 2012 10:15 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with thanks to Darrell Krushelnicki. He was driving a Hummer, waiting at an intersection in Alberta, Canada. A speeding Pontiac caught his eye. The Pontiac was careening toward four pedestrians, aged three to 16. The driver appeared to be talking on the phone, wasn't slowing down. And that's when Krushelnicki eased his Hummer into the street, took the hit himself, and saved some lives. His only injury was a loose tooth. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.