Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed October 31, 2012
Hydro Quebec Crews Arrive In Manchester
A fleet of monstrous blue trucks arrived in Manchester late Wednesday afternoon.
PSNH president Gary Long and Northeast Utilities CEO Tom May were on hand to greet the Hydro Quebec crews.
To see reinforcements come around the corner with these blue trucks is very rewarding
75 two-man crews are slated to be in New Hampshire by Thursday morning, with some crews driving as long as 12 hours to help restore power.
Daniel Dumais is Director of Distribution at Hydro Quebec and was here for the ice storm in 2008.
He said he didn't have his assignments yet, but that he and his crews would most likely be heading south:
I know that the further south you go, the worse the conditions are.
PSNH is hoping that the Canadian reinforcements will speed restoration efforts by a full day.