Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu December 8, 2011
Imagining the real John Lennon
Today marks the 31st anniversary of the day that John Lennon was shot and killed on the sidewalk in front of his home in New York City. Reams of words have been written about that senseless, irrevocable act. But writer and critic Tim Riley prefers the parts of John Lennon’s story that are not so well known.
In this special extended interview, I talk with Tim about some of the myths he debunks about John Lennon, including Yoko's role in the breakup of The Beatles, Lennon and McCartney's complicated relationship, and the surprising stories behind some of John Lennon's most recognizable songs.
This interview has been uploaded in two parts. /rl