Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon March 24, 2014
Incorrect Rates Charged To Smokers With Insurance Policies On The Exchange
According to the independent investigative journalism outlet ProPublica, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield canceled the health insurance policies of close to 100 New Hampshire smokers who purchased insurance policies on the state's health exchange. That's because Anthem incorrectly charged them non-smoker rates.
Charles Ornstein is a senior reporter for ProPublica who covers health care and the pharmaceutical industry. He recently reported on one New Hampshire woman's story and he talks about his report with host Amanda Loder.
You can read Charles Ornstein's story here
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield has not responded to NHPR's request for comment.