Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Wed May 30, 2012
Inside Halden Prison
Recent dispatches from the trial of Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik have stirred politicians and online groups to urge Norway’s justice system to re-examine its maximum sentence of twenty-one years, given the severity of the charges. The trial has also prompted an inquisitive eye on Halden, the maximum security prison where Breivik could land if convicted. The bright, well-designed facility has been compared to a boutique hotel. Amelia Gentleman recently visited the maximum security facility and wrote a profile for the Guardian. She joins us now from the Guardian’s offices in London.