Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Tue March 20, 2012
Ira Byock: The Best Care Possible
Dartmouth physician Ira Byock says even with incredible advances in medicine, far too many Americans suffer needlessly and die “badly”. In a new book, Byock calls for a new approach toward the end of life; one focused on taking care of persons, not just “bodies”, and helping patients and their families reach decisions about dying.
- Dr. Ira Byock - Professor at Dartmouth Medical School and head of the
Palliative Care Service at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Dr. Byock is the author of many books including his latest, "The Best Care Possible: A Physicians Quest to Transform Care Through the End of Life"