Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Wed May 23, 2012
Joachim Cooder On World Cafe
Joachim Cooder is no stranger to collaborations, nor is he new to scoring soundtracks, yet Cooder's newest project combines his past experiences in an unexpected way. Son of legendary guitarist Ry Cooder, he took to the drums early on, and eventually played in the famous documentary Buena Vista Social Club. He's also worked behind the scenes, writing for the soundtracks of films such as Lars and the Real Girl.
Joachim Cooder's latest project, Love on a Real Train, blends his two passions; it started out as a musical score to the sunset outside his home in L.A. It features collaborations with Matt Costa, Inara George and other members of Cooder's literal and figurative musical family. (Cooder likes it to a "soundtrack without a film.") Hear Cooder discuss Love on a Real Train and play live in this World Cafe session.