Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Around the Nation
Fri November 8, 2013
Joe Biden Congratulates Wrong Marty Walsh
Originally published on Fri November 8, 2013 10:17 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. After Marty Walsh was elected mayor of Boston on Tuesday, Vice President Joe Biden called him up with hearty congratulations: You son of a gun, Marty. You did it. Except this Marty Walsh hadn't. The real mayor-elect was celebrating at a fancy hotel. This Marty Walsh was sitting on the couch watching TV with his wife.
Walsh told the Boston Globe he wasn't surprised at the mix up. We're a dime a dozen in Boston. I probably know eight Marty Walshes. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.