Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Tue May 20, 2014
Jury Selection Under Way In Mazzaglia Trial
Eleven jurors have been picked in the murder trial of a New Hampshire man prosecutors say raped and killed a 19-year-old college student whom his former girlfriend lured to their apartment.
Authorities say 31-year-old Seth Mazzaglia of Dover strangled University of New Hampshire sophomore Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott Oct. 9, 2012, at the Dover apartment he shared with his then-girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough.
Foster's Daily Democrat reports 12 jurors and four alternates will be chosen.
Prospective jurors were warned at the start of jury selection in Strafford County Superior Court last week they are likely to hear graphic testimony about sex acts.
Prosecutors say Mazzaglia and McDonough dumped her body into the Piscataqua River off Portsmouth's Peirce Island. It hasn't been found.
Mazzaglia has pleaded not guilty.