Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Thu September 5, 2013
Kuster "Leaning Against" Voting For Syria Strikes
During an appearance on an WMUR-TV forum, Representative Ann McLane Kuster said she fears an American strike against Syria could lead the U.S. into a region-wide conflagration.
"And for me the risk of us entering into war there, we are not at war with the Syrian people. And those are the issues I am going to be considering, and I will tell you honestly I have not made a final decision."
Kuster says she’ll withhold that decision until after she receives a classified briefing. She added that the "a lot will play out" between now and an authorization vote by congress. First District Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter announced earlier this week she plans to vote against authorizing U.S. military strikes against Syria.