Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Thu September 5, 2013
Kuster "Leaning Against" Voting For Syria Strikes
During an appearance on an WMUR-TV forum, Representative Ann McLane Kuster said she fears an American strike against Syria could lead the U.S. into a region-wide conflagration.
"And for me the risk of us entering into war there, we are not at war with the Syrian people. And those are the issues I am going to be considering, and I will tell you honestly I have not made a final decision."
Kuster says she’ll withhold that decision until after she receives a classified briefing. She added that the "a lot will play out" between now and an authorization vote by congress. First District Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter announced earlier this week she plans to vote against authorizing U.S. military strikes against Syria.