Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Fri May 16, 2014
Chipotle Dishes Up Food For Thought
Originally published on Fri May 16, 2014 12:07 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
We stay with Chipotle our last word in business today, which is: Burritos with a side of literature.
Chipotle restaurants are dishing out some food for thought with their meals. Starting this week, two minute essays can be found printed on the sides of Chipotle cups and takeout bags, essays written by contributors like Toni Morrison, Judd Apatow, Michael Lewis, Malcolm Gladwell, author Jonathan Safran Foer is also featured. He pitched the idea to Chipotle after eating alone their one day with nothing to read.
Chipotle bit on his plan. In comedian Sarah Silverman's two minute to Chipotle essay, she quips, my dog is right, the bathroom is not a library. Well, maybe the bathroom is not. But apparently a restaurant can be.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.