Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu December 15, 2011
The Lessons Hollywood Learned in 2011
The Golden Globe nominations were announced earlier today, with usual suspects Meryl Streep and George Clooney making the grade along with newcomers Rooney Mara and Ryan Gosling getting nods for acting. Award nominations generally have some surprises for Hollywood, but the industry doesn’t always heed the message. As we approach the 2011 best-of-extravaganzas, Word of Mouth is asking two of our favorite movie critics to review some of the things Hollywood has learned. Amy Diaz is editor of the Hippo Press, and Garen Daley is a consultant and film commentator.