Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Tue May 6, 2014
Long-Delayed School To Open In Unity
A construction company and school officials say the new elementary school in Unity, New Hampshire, is expected to open Sept. 2.
The project had been delayed due to various problems. Earlier this year, residents approved a $2.75 million bond to complete it.
The Eagle Times reports Ron Bauer, executive vice president of Trumbull-Nelson, the construction company, said things are on track. He said most of the dry wall is now up, framing changes have been completed and installation of windows should be done at the end of the week.
In 2010, the Unity Elementary School became the first school in state history to be ordered closed for fire code violations. Voters approved a bond at that time for a new school.