Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Wed August 7, 2013
Losing A Landmark: Kimball Castle To Be Torn Down?
Back in 1897, prominent Concord resident and railroad executive Benjamin Kimball built his dream home; a castle on a hillside in Gilford overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee. But after several decades of neglect and attempts to restore it, Kimball Castle may now be torn down. Gilford’s Town Administrator, Scott Dunn, talks about the fate of the local landmark.