Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri December 13, 2013
MA Casinos Coming- Eventually
It’s been two years since Massachusetts’ gaming law took effect, but so far, not a single casino has been licensed or built. The law allows for three regional resort casino licenses and one slots parlor. Casino proposals in the Southeastern part of the state have stalled. In Western Massachusetts, a proposal from MGM is moving forward. And just this week there have been new developments around proposals in the greater Boston region. There it’s down to two competitors: Wynn in Everett and Mohegon Sun in Revere. Boston Globe reporter Mark Arsenault talked with Morning Edition about the greater Boston proposals, and implications for New Hampshire.