Most Active Stories
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- O'Brien Nominated Once Again For N.H. House Speaker
Fri December 13, 2013
MA Casinos Coming- Eventually
It’s been two years since Massachusetts’ gaming law took effect, but so far, not a single casino has been licensed or built. The law allows for three regional resort casino licenses and one slots parlor. Casino proposals in the Southeastern part of the state have stalled. In Western Massachusetts, a proposal from MGM is moving forward. And just this week there have been new developments around proposals in the greater Boston region. There it’s down to two competitors: Wynn in Everett and Mohegon Sun in Revere. Boston Globe reporter Mark Arsenault talked with Morning Edition about the greater Boston proposals, and implications for New Hampshire.