Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed January 2, 2013
Maggie Hassan's Inauguration Ceremony
Thursday, Maggie Hassan will be inaugurated as New Hampshire’s 81st governor, becoming the state’s 2nd woman to be elected to the corner office.
The inauguration ceremony will begin at noon at the State House in Concord. It will feature poetry readings, prayer and music. The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Charlie Morgan, a lesbian national guardsman who is battling stage IV terminal breast cancer. She received national attention when she made her case against the Defense of Marriage Act to Republican House leadership earlier this year.
An Open House at the State House will begin tomorrow at 4:30, providing a family-friendly event with all chambers open to the public and exhibits by FIRST Robotics and the New Hampshire LEGO league.
Friday evening will be a black-tie inaugural ball at Manchester’s Radisson Hotel for $200 a head. Next week a black-tie-optional ball will be held at the Mount Washington Hotel with ticket prices at $100. Hassan’s spokesperson says the money will go towards ceremony expenses.