Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Wed January 2, 2013
Maggie Hassan's Inauguration Ceremony
Thursday, Maggie Hassan will be inaugurated as New Hampshire’s 81st governor, becoming the state’s 2nd woman to be elected to the corner office.
The inauguration ceremony will begin at noon at the State House in Concord. It will feature poetry readings, prayer and music. The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Charlie Morgan, a lesbian national guardsman who is battling stage IV terminal breast cancer. She received national attention when she made her case against the Defense of Marriage Act to Republican House leadership earlier this year.
An Open House at the State House will begin tomorrow at 4:30, providing a family-friendly event with all chambers open to the public and exhibits by FIRST Robotics and the New Hampshire LEGO league.
Friday evening will be a black-tie inaugural ball at Manchester’s Radisson Hotel for $200 a head. Next week a black-tie-optional ball will be held at the Mount Washington Hotel with ticket prices at $100. Hassan’s spokesperson says the money will go towards ceremony expenses.