Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Tue June 5, 2012
Maintaining the Modern Monarchy
As though extra vacation time isn’t a good enough excuse for a modern monarchy, scholars this week will gather to contemplate how the English Crown has remained relevant when so many others have faded away. The New York Times’ Jennifer Schuessler wrote about a revival in academic scholarship regarding the modern royals.