Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed January 2, 2013
Making It Yourself Just Got Easier
‘Do it yourself-ers’ can do only so much without the right tools. Drills, torches, saws and soldering equipment can take up precious room in the basement, and there are limits to what you can accomplish with duct tape.
Enter: the Port City Makerspace. A community-based workshop with a huge range of tools and the room to tinker. It’s inside a warehouse in Portsmouth, and works like a gym…members pay a daily or monthly fee, and get access to the equipment, classes on skills like welding and lock-picking, and the chance to learn from others who share the facility.