Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Wed January 2, 2013
Making It Yourself Just Got Easier
‘Do it yourself-ers’ can do only so much without the right tools. Drills, torches, saws and soldering equipment can take up precious room in the basement, and there are limits to what you can accomplish with duct tape.
Enter: the Port City Makerspace. A community-based workshop with a huge range of tools and the room to tinker. It’s inside a warehouse in Portsmouth, and works like a gym…members pay a daily or monthly fee, and get access to the equipment, classes on skills like welding and lock-picking, and the chance to learn from others who share the facility.