Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Wed January 23, 2013
Man In Snowmobile Crash Dies After Night In Bitter Cold On Shelburne Trail
A 29-year-old Shelburne man has died after injuring himself in a snowmobile crash and spending Tuesday night in the bitter cold.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officials say John Arsenault was snowmobiling alone when he went over a hill on the Gorham Pipeline Trail at a high rate of speed and crashed. After he did not show up for work Wednesday morning, friends searched and found Arsenault just before 11. He was alive but unconscious when emergency responders arrived. He was transported to a Berlin hospital, but died later in the day. Officials say speed and alcohol were factors. Arsenault was wearing a helmet. The crash is under investigation.