Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
All Things Considered
Wed July 17, 2013
Market Basket Family Feud Could Oust Grocery Chain's CEO
Anyone who’s gone grocery shopping at Market Basket knows the slogan: where you always get more for your dollar. But who exactly might be offering those purported savings may be about to change.
This week the company’s board of directors meets to decide the fate of its CEO, Arthur T. Demoulas. The Demoulas family has run Market Basket for decades, and has been feuding over the company for nearly as long. Critics, including the CEO's cousin, Arthur S. Demoulas, accuse the leader of fiscal mismanagement; supporters, including a vocal group of Market Basket employees, say Arthur T. has led the company to growth, profits and high worker morale.
To sort this situation out, we turn to Dave Solomon, who covers business for the New Hampshire Union Leader.