Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Sat October 13, 2012
Marriott Confirmed Dead, Suspect Taken Into Custody
Law enforcement officials confirmed the death of 19-year-old Lizzi Marriott, the missing UNH student, and have charged a Dover man with her murder.
At a press conference outside of Dover's police station, Assistant Attorney General James Vara confirmed Lizzi Marriott’s death, but said that officials were still trying to locate her body.
Vara also announced that a suspect has been taken into custody. 29-year-old Seth Mazzaglia of Dover, New Hampshire, has been charged with second degree murder.
Vara acknowledged that Mazzaglia knew Marriott prior to her disappearance, but didn’t reveal much else about the suspect, citing the sensitivity of the investigation:
“This is still an active and ongoing investigation. We are, at this point, only 24 hours in and as you are aware the search for her was ongoing for a period of about two days or so. But now, obviously, that has changed.”
In Portsmouth, investigators have cordoned off Peirce Island and, following a tip, are searching for a body. Lizzi Marriot was first reported missing early last week.