Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Tue August 14, 2012
Massachusetts Man Died Monday On Tuckerman Ravine Trail
The 57-year-old man who died on the Tuckerman Ravine Trail Monday has been identified as Gary Muise of Sharon, Massachusetts.
Muise was hiking with his teenage daughters when he collapsed about two and one-half miles from the Pinkham Notch Visitor’s Center, according to a news release from New Hampshire Fish and Game.
Rescuers were not able to revive him.
Fish and Game said he died as the result of a "medical emergency" and an autopsy is planned.