Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon May 26, 2014
Mazzaglia Trial Begins Tuesday
The trial begins Tuesday for Seth Mazzaglia, the 31 year old man prosecutors say raped and killed 19 year old UNH student, Lizzi Marriott in October of 2012.
A jury of 16 will be sworn in at noon. They're then expected to visit sites in Dover and Portsmouth. There, jurors will likely view the Sawyer Mill Apartment where Marriott's death allegedly took place; dumpsters where evidence was found, and the location on Pierce Island where Mazzaglia told investigators he left the body.
Mazzaglia faces charges for multiple counts of first-degree murder, along with second-degree murder, conspiracy and criminal solicitation.
Testimony is slated to begin Wednesday at the Strafford Superior Court after opening statements. It is expected to take up to three weeks.