Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Thu November 21, 2013
Meet Portsmouth's New 'Beer Master'
New Hampshire’s food system is growing and changing, and that means old jobs are evolving. Farmers, for example, are doing marketing and media along with planting and harvesting. And there are new jobs in the food system as well, including this one: Hotel Beer Master.
Brian Aldrich is the newly-hired “Beer Master” for the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel; he's also the author of the blog Seacoast Beverage Lab. He tells NHPR’s Brady Carlson that his job is to help guests tap into a growing craft beer scene on the Seacoast.