Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu November 21, 2013
Meet Portsmouth's New 'Beer Master'
New Hampshire’s food system is growing and changing, and that means old jobs are evolving. Farmers, for example, are doing marketing and media along with planting and harvesting. And there are new jobs in the food system as well, including this one: Hotel Beer Master.
Brian Aldrich is the newly-hired “Beer Master” for the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel; he's also the author of the blog Seacoast Beverage Lab. He tells NHPR’s Brady Carlson that his job is to help guests tap into a growing craft beer scene on the Seacoast.