Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Look North Tonight: Aurora Borealis Stargazing Tips
- Updated: Garcia Slams Obamacare But Won't Say How She Is Covered
- UNH Math Professor Receives 2014 MacArthur 'Genius' Award After Prime Number Discovery
- Edible Packaging? Retailers Not Quite Ready For Stonyfield's Wrapperless Yogurt
- New Farmer-To-Locavore Business Model At Odds With State Regulations
Thu November 21, 2013
Meet Portsmouth's New 'Beer Master'
New Hampshire’s food system is growing and changing, and that means old jobs are evolving. Farmers, for example, are doing marketing and media along with planting and harvesting. And there are new jobs in the food system as well, including this one: Hotel Beer Master.
Brian Aldrich is the newly-hired “Beer Master” for the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel; he's also the author of the blog Seacoast Beverage Lab. He tells NHPR’s Brady Carlson that his job is to help guests tap into a growing craft beer scene on the Seacoast.