Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu March 29, 2012
More Than A Woodlot
Forests cover 75% of the northeast, and the vast majority of that land is owned by families or individuals. In fact, about 1.5-million people live in rural areas, but they aren’t necessarily raised with rural knowledge, or skills for managing their woods.
Stephen Long is a family forest owner, and founding editor and former publisher of Northern Woodlands magazine. His new book, More Than a Woodlot: Getting the Most From Your Family Forest provides a solid foundation for family foresters seeking an ecological approach to preservation, safeguarding habitats, sustainable foresting or responsible ways to capitalize on a woodlot.