Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon July 28, 2014
Mother Of Abigail Hernandez Speaks Out About Daughter's Disappearance
The mother of a 15-year-old North Conway girl reunited with her family nine months after she vanished says rumors that she was pregnant aren't true.
Investigators have been trying to find out how and why Abigail Hernandez disappeared and who may have helped conceal her. She returned home July 20.
Zenya Hernandez tells NBC's "Today" that many people think her daughter was pregnant, but she was not. She also says she believes Abby did not run away and didn't know the man believed to have driven off with her. Police released a sketch of him based on Abby's description.
Zenya Hernandez also spoke about her daughter's condition when she returned home.
"She was very thin. She lost a lot of weight. Very pale," she said. "She had a look in her eyes that I've never ever seen before. That's something that's haunting me and I think will haunt me for the rest of my life."
Abby issued a statement thanking people who searched for her and that she believes their hopes and prayers "played a major role in my release."