Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed September 11, 2013
Mt. Eustis Ski Area To Make A Comeback In 2014
Plans are in the works to bring back the Mount Eustis ski area in northern New Hampshire, which has been closed since the early 1970s.The town of Littleton will lease the 33-acre property to the nonprofit Mt. Eustis Ski Hill Group for $1 a year. A three-year lease starts Oct. 1.
The Caledonian-Record reports the plan is to reopen the slopes for skiers and local school ski programs after Jan. 1. It would be run by volunteers and funded through donations.
Mount Eustis has two open trails and a natural gladed area in between.
A 1,300-foot gas engine-powered rope tow, once used for Lisbon's rope tow, is currently being rehabilitated by automotive technologies students at Littleton High School.