Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Thu May 22, 2014
Murder Of Joseph Smith: Alex Beam's "American Crucifixion"
By The Exchange
We're sitting down with Boston Globe columnist Alex Beam to talk about his new book, "American Crucifixion," examining the life of Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon Church.
- Alex Beam – columnist for the Boston Globe and author of several books, most recently “American Crucifixion.”
- Alex Beam's blog
- Boston Public Radio interview with Alex Beam about the book: "I've been lucky enough to undertake projects that were really fun for me to do, that were really consuming and interesting. And so you have to tell yourself: the book may fail. Am I okay with how I spent these last two years? If you can't answer that question 'yes,' you're doing the wrong thing."
- an LA Times review: "While Beam wraps in some essential early church history, this is at heart a journalistic account of a murder that tells us as much about religious intolerance and the low flash point of mob violence as it does about Mormonism."
Alex Beam's book talk at DC bookstore Politics and Prose:
Word of Mouth - Segment