Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed December 12, 2012
National Security Expert Tim Naftali, On Presidential Power and International Threats.
Fifty years after the Cuban Missile Crisis, National Security expert, Tim Naftali examines how Presidents facing extreme global crises have handled them and how their approach has changed, given new technology, and a twenty-four hour news cycle. We’ll look back a half-century ago...through current concerns about Iran and Syria.
- Timothy Naftali - Former history professor and consultant to the 9/11 commission, Naftali specializes in counterterrorism and the Cold War. He is national security fellow at the New America Foundation and has written several books, including one on the Cuban Missile Crisis. He is currently working on a book about John F. Kennedy to be published in 2013.
NOTE : Tim Naftali will speak on confronting the nuclear threat: from the Cuban missile crisis to Iran at the World Affairs Council of New Hampshire this afternoon at 5:30 p.m. at the Academic Center at Southern NH University. Click here for more information on the event.