Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed August 8, 2012
NEA-NH Endorses Hassan
NEA-NH president Scott McGilvary says after lengthy meetings with Maggie Hassan, and her democratic rival Jackie Cilley, the choice for NEA-NH's executive board was clear.
"It became very apparent that there was one candidate that can stand up for public education and bring us forward and that Maggie Hassan is our candidate."
Hassan, for her part says improving public education at all levels is a top priority. She called it a thrill to win the NEA’s backing.
"First of all I’m just honored by it because of the work teachers do in our public schools every single day. Secondly, obviously it’s a large union."
NEA-NH has 17,000 members. It’s the first public sector union to back Hassan. The professional firefighters association of NH and the state employees association are both backing Jackie Cilley.