Nearly 1,500 Market Basket workers have applied for unemployment benefits since the company stopped giving hours to part-time employees earlier this month.
New Hampshire Employment Security Commissioner George Copadis says claims are still coming in as the department figures out which employees are eligible.
“Over the weekend things have pretty much leveled off. We were at 1,445 on Friday and we’ve only picked up 20 since then.”
Copadis says the largest number, 268, came in on August seventh. That was the day roughly 8,000 part-time Market Basket workers in the state were told they would no longer be scheduled for hours.
Hopes for an impending resolution in the ongoing negotiations between the Demoulas factions ended when a board meeting scheduled for Sunday night was cancelled.