Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed December 26, 2012
A New Environmental Conundrum! (Rebroadcast)
In a new book, author David Owen exposes the complexities of what it means to truly be “green”. He says supposedly earth-friendly ideas like hybrid cars or solar panels create efficiencies which allow us to consume more! Efficiency, Owen says, once considered the Holy Grail of our environmental problems, turns out to be part of the problem!
David Owen: Staff writer for the New Yorker and author of the new book "The Conundrum: How Scientific Innovation, Increased Efficiency and Good Intentions Can Make Our Energy and Climate Problems Worse."