Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Wed December 26, 2012
A New Environmental Conundrum! (Rebroadcast)
In a new book, author David Owen exposes the complexities of what it means to truly be “green”. He says supposedly earth-friendly ideas like hybrid cars or solar panels create efficiencies which allow us to consume more! Efficiency, Owen says, once considered the Holy Grail of our environmental problems, turns out to be part of the problem!
David Owen: Staff writer for the New Yorker and author of the new book "The Conundrum: How Scientific Innovation, Increased Efficiency and Good Intentions Can Make Our Energy and Climate Problems Worse."