Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Thu June 28, 2012
New Hampshire Health Insurance Companies React to Affordable Care Act Decision
New Hampshire insurance carriers say they are generally supportive of the Supreme Court’s health care ruling.
MVP Health Care says it supports many of the goals of the ACA, such as ensuring that all Americans have affordable health coverage and access to high-quality care. However, the company says there are parts of the act that policymakers should reconsider, such as the cuts to Medicare Advantage health benefit plans and the “Small Business Health Insurance Tax.”
Cigna health insurance released a statement saying that anything granting citizens greater access to healthcare is a good thing.
Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare has already adopted several provisions of the ACA. It covers women’s preventative care and removes annual lifetime limits for essential health benefits.
Aetna Blue Cross Blue Shield, which also offers insurance in New Hampshire, did not respond for comment.