Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Thu October 25, 2012
New Housing Data Shows Sales Strong, Prices Soft
Residential properties in New Hampshire continue to move at a strong pace.
More than 1,100 homes sold in September. That’s a 7.5% jump from 2011 levels, fueled in part by very low mortgage rates.
Prices, though, remain flat. The average sale price last month was just under $200,000, a slight dip from August.
Ned Redpath with Redpath Realty in Hanover says buyers still control the market
"The homes today have to be in a good and demandable location, they have to present very well. And they have to be priced according to what that package offers. Buyers won’t over-pay."
Nationally, home prices rose for the 7th straight month, and new homes sales are at the highest level in two years.