Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Mon January 7, 2013
Next: Kail Baxley
Originally published on Tue January 8, 2013 10:54 am
Kail Baxley is a young blues singer who grew up in the same South Carolina town as James Brown. Over the course of his childhood, he met the Godfather of Soul several times, and it had a profound effect on Baxley's development as a musician.
After receiving a guitar from his actual godfather for high-school graduation, Baxley became obsessed with the instrument. Traveling across the American South, Europe and Africa, Baxley ended up in California, where he met music producer Eric Corne. Once Corne discovered Baxley's impressive literary and musical background, he pushed him toward a full-length studio album.
Heeding Corne's advice, Baxley eventually made a double EP (actually titled The Double E.P.), which comes out in February. This installment of World Cafe: Next features two captivating singles — "Don't Matter to Me" and "Heatstroke" — as well as a link to download "Say Goodbye to the Night."