Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri August 2, 2013
N.H. Antiques Week 2013 Gets Underway
The festivities for this year’s New Hampshire Antiques Week are underway this weekend.
This year’s celebration of all things antique kicks off this weekend with the August Americana Auction, which is being held in Manchester through Sunday.
The centerpiece of the week is the 56th annual New Hampshire Antiques Show, which runs from Thursday to Saturday at the Radisson Hotel in Manchester.
Beverly Weir-Longacre, who co-chairs the event for the state’s Antique Dealers Association, says the event is a high point for dealers and antique lovers from across the country.
“By far most of the dealers will put things away for a year and present them at this show; out of an estate, been in a family’s collection for quite a while, or just has not been on the market.”
To appeal to a younger demographic, admission to the show is free for anyone younger than 30.
Other shows include one at the Deerfield Fairgrounds on Tuesday and another at the JFK Coliseum in Manchester from Wednesday to Thursday.
There is also the Midweek Antiques Show running Wednesday through Thursday and the Pickers Market Antiques Show on Friday, both at the Everett Arena in Concord.