Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed July 17, 2013
NH GOP Gets High-Profile Fundraising Help
Senators Rand Raul of Kentucky, Rob Portman of Ohio, Marco Rubio of Florida and John Thune of South Dakota will appear at a Washington, DC fundraiser for N.H. Republicans July 29th.
The event is being organized by N.H. Senator Kelly Ayotte.
Closer to home, 2008 GOP nominee Mitt Romney will headline a Wolfeboro fundraiser for the party August 6th.
Texas Senator Ted Cruz, meanwhile, will appear in Dublin August 26th.
All the guests but Romney are being spoken of as possible 2016 presidential candidates.
Their efforts on behalf of local republicans come at a time when the party’s finances could use a boost.
The most recent FEC reports showed the state Republican Committee had just $19,000 in the bank.
In a statement, NH republican chairman Jennifer Horn said "the assistance from the senators will be remembered by conservative activists across the granite state."