Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Far North County To Get More Cell Coverage, High-speed Internet
Wed March 13, 2013
N.H. House Rejects Bill To Legalize Marijuana
The House has killed a bill that would have legalized marijuana in New Hampshire.
The House voted 239-112 Wednesday.
Supporters had argued that it was time to stop the government's war on marijuana users, saying tobacco and alcohol abuse are legal but pose a greater danger to personal health.
Bill opponents countered that marijuana is a gateway drug to using other illegal drugs. They said long-term use has a chemical effect on the brain that can influence memory, thinking and concentration.