Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Wed March 13, 2013
N.H. House Rejects Bill To Legalize Marijuana
The House has killed a bill that would have legalized marijuana in New Hampshire.
The House voted 239-112 Wednesday.
Supporters had argued that it was time to stop the government's war on marijuana users, saying tobacco and alcohol abuse are legal but pose a greater danger to personal health.
Bill opponents countered that marijuana is a gateway drug to using other illegal drugs. They said long-term use has a chemical effect on the brain that can influence memory, thinking and concentration.