Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Fri May 9, 2014
N.H. Native Preston Makes Makes It To Top Three On 'American Idol'
New Hampshire native Alex Preston has made it to the top three on “American Idol.”
He made the cut during voting on the show Thursday night.
Preston grew up in Mont Vernon and is a 2011 graduate of Souhegan High School, and will be celebrated during his return to New Hampshire this weekend.
He’s expected to visit Mont Vernon Saturday afternoon, followed by a parade at the University of New Hampshire in Durham and a live performance.
Preston studied for one year at UNH.
The show typically organizes celebrations for the final three contestants in their home states, as a prelude to the rest of the competition.
Preston has accumulated more than 61,000 followers on Twitter, and last night tweeted, “Top 3!” I’m coming home. Thank you all so much.”