Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Arts & Culture
Mon July 29, 2013
N.H. Ukeladies Bring Hawaiian Shirts, Plenty Of Joy To Manchester Seniors
While the ukulele has grown in popularity of late, a group based out of Manchester brings a unique twist to the instrument.
The New Hampshire Ukeladies is an all-female group of performers with a shared passion for the miniature member of the guitar family.
They come from all walks of life and different parts of the Granite State.
They meet weekly to rehearse, but they also perform, and when they do, they’re decked out in Hawaiian shirts and sharing a lot of laughs.
NHPR’s Michael Brindley caught up with the group for a performance at the Hanover Hill nursing home.
The Ukeladies will be performing at the Ukulele Picnic on August 24th in Nashua.