Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Northern Pass Gives $3 Million To Conservation Projects
Arts & Culture
Mon July 29, 2013
N.H. Ukeladies Bring Hawaiian Shirts, Plenty Of Joy To Manchester Seniors
While the ukulele has grown in popularity of late, a group based out of Manchester brings a unique twist to the instrument.
The New Hampshire Ukeladies is an all-female group of performers with a shared passion for the miniature member of the guitar family.
They come from all walks of life and different parts of the Granite State.
They meet weekly to rehearse, but they also perform, and when they do, they’re decked out in Hawaiian shirts and sharing a lot of laughs.
NHPR’s Michael Brindley caught up with the group for a performance at the Hanover Hill nursing home.
The Ukeladies will be performing at the Ukulele Picnic on August 24th in Nashua.