Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed February 6, 2013
NHPR's Trivia Smackdown
Final Smackdown Standings
Winners: 3S Artspace 126
Studio 13 114
Geneius and the Brain Thrust 106
Lincoln Financial 105
Company C 104
Team Dyn 102
The Dork Side 101
The Common Man 97
The Farm Team 91
The Int'l Phil Fan Club - Coat Chapter 90
Les Quizerables 88
Trivia Teamsters Local 603 82
Tooky Trivia Team 81
The Hebrew Hammers 77
Thank you to all our teams & congratulations to our winners, 3S Artspace! If you want to be the first to know about next year's event, email Anna Moskov. It's still going to be awesome next year. Maybe even awesomer.
Join Word of Mouth’s Senior Producer Rebecca Lavoie as she emcees our first annual Trivia Smackdown! The evening will include a buffet dinner donated by The Common Man, a silent auction, and a trivia challenge hosted by Seacoast trivia guru Phil Kliger.
You will have the opportunity to mingle, meet some of NHPR’s famous folk and enjoy a lively evening of conversation and great food, while raising funds to support NHPR’s programming - and, of course, prove how smart you are!
Here are 10 Smackdown details:
- It’s going to be awesome. We promise.
- It takes place on Friday night, April 12th, 2013. The fun and food start at 6pm.
- We’ll be at the gloriously beautiful French Building Auditorium at NH Institute of Art, 148 Concord St. Manchester, NH
- This is a fundraiser, so you have to buy a table. And then your team can raise funds which gets you extra trivia points.
- There are 8 people per team. Choose smart and useful people; if you're unsure which of your friends and coworkers are smart and useful, casually invite them to a game of Trivial Pursuit.
- There will be 18 teams competing to be the Smackdown winner of 2013 - space is limited.
- There will be lots of food and drinks, plus silent and live auctions of great stuff.
- NHPR reporters will be there for hire. Talk about trivia geeks…
- The winning team will walk away with the best trophy ever. Ever!
- There can be only one winning team. Will it be yours?!
You want in? Contact Anna Moskov at 603-223-2481 or firstname.lastname@example.org and she can sign you up! Remember, space is limited, so call today!
Southern New Hampshire University
The Farm Team
Geneius and the Brain Thrust
Bedford High School
International Phil Fan Club - Coat Chapter
The Common Man
The Dork Side
The Hebrew Hammers
Trivia Teamsters Local 603
Thank you to everyone who donated items for our silent auction:
3 on Main, 406 Concepts, Angela's Pasta & Cheese Shop, Athenianaire, Bags By Melanie, Bedford Village Inn, Black Walnut Jewelry, Boyan Pottery, Canoe Club, Christen Knits, Chuck Stone, Clayworks, Clear Mountain Craft, Company C, Conway Scenic Railroad, Crafts by Sue Lav, Cranmore Mountain Resort, Eastern Mountain Sports, Everyday Café, Fortitude Health and Training, GabasaurusRex, Henniker Flying Club, Hopkins Center for the Arts, Indigo Blue, Jeffrey M. Good Landscaping, Kee Pon Truckin Co., Kiele Gregoire, King Arthur Four, Kittery Trading Post, League of NH Craftsman, Lee Lees Closet, Marketplace at Marklin, Mikes Pens TurningZ, Montshire Museum, Naturally NH, NH Woods Creations, Nicola's Trattoria, Poppy Grace Handbags, Ramona Morning Bird, S&W Sports, Salon K, Stone Street Studio, StoneFalls Garden, Sue Jones Palindrome Jewelry, The Vintage Orange Jar, The Wishing Elephant, The Write Stuff, Walker Silverworks, Whistle Stop Sweet Shop, Wiley Hill Mud Works