Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon September 30, 2013
Nobel Laureate Yunus Addressing UNH Forum
Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus, a pioneer in the microfinance industry, is addressing a University of New Hampshire forum.
UNH is hosting a Social Business and Microfinance Forum and the Social Business Innovation Challenge on Monday.
Yunus is best known for founding the Grameen Bank, a community development bank in his native Bangladesh that has spurred the creation of a multi-billion-dollar microfinance industry.
The Social Business Innovation Challenge asks college students, community members and social entrepreneurs from across New Hampshire to find business-oriented solutions to social and environmental issues at the state, national or global level.
Yunus is presenting prizes to competition winners.