Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Northern Pass Gives $3 Million To Conservation Projects
Thu April 3, 2014
For Nonprofit Fundraising, Could Coffee Shops Be The New Thrift Stores?
Running a business that puts its profits into nonprofits isn't new - but the most common business we see is usually a thrift store.
A new coffeeshop in Manchester, called City Cafe, is using food and drink to boost nonprofit groups.
Kathleen Callahan wrote about City Cafe for New Hampshire Business Review. She tells All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about this and other restaurants and cafes in the state putting their profits toward nonprofit causes.